Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Killing two birds with one stone

Here on Little Letters I like to write about paper, crafts, photography and anything art related...BUT my other BIG passion in life is Snowboarding.

Shaun White
I photographed the genius Shaun White
in action at the Winter Games last year in New Zealand.


I choose not to ramble about my snowy obsession here, I focus those thoughts elsewhere on women's snowboarding website www.powderroom.net. I have been involved with the site since the early days, almost right from the start when I wrote about my first (and only) full working snow season.
Anyway I digress, I have found a way to intertwine my snowboarding side with my artistic interests. I have started a series of stories on the artists and designers behind snowboard graphics and clothing design etc.
My first in the series is with the wonderful Amy Ruppel I think I may have first seen her work on Design*Sponge and headed to her site to see that she had actually done some design work for a couple of snowboard companies.

Burton Lux 08
Amy's graphics for Burton Snowboards Lux Snowboard

Amy agreed to answer some of my questions and here is my article Artist Behind the Graphics Series
for Powderroom.

No comments: